Thursday, July 15, 2010

Social Media Seminar

I attended a great seminar today in Atlanta that was led by Steve Latham of Spur Interactive. I realized that I have been in a bit of a social media rut with my projects lately, and this really is inspiring me to get back into the swing of things.

So many ideas! If I had to choose, I think my favorite two new tools from the day that we will be able to put to use right away are services called HootSuite and SlideShare.

HootSuite

HootSuite is a tool that enables you to update multiple statuses on a variety of social networking sites at the same time from a single interface. This is a fantastic fit for me because I have so many different accounts on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn for various purposes (i.e., company accounts, accounts for volunteer groups, professional profiles, fan pages, and personal profiles). You can use HootSuite to post content that would be of interest to all of your followers from different areas of your social networking circles at once, or pick and choose the profiles you wish to update. Very cool!

SlideShare

SlideShare is a search-engine friendly mechanism for sharing presentations and documents online with the ability to track how many times your content is downloaded. I'm going to use this professionally to include various webinar and tradeshow presentations for my company, but also personally to highlight key presentations or documents that I've worked on that may be of interest from a Marketing or industry perspective.

Steve said that this site has great "Google Juice." If that's not a technical term, then it should be.

I'd also like to say, "Hooray for GoGo Inflight Internet!" Right now I'm sitting on a Delta flight writing my first personal blog post in years because I'm so charged up. What a great day!

Related links:

No comments:

Post a Comment